The Yong Tau Foo Challenge

I have always been a fan of YTF. Sometimes travelling to the ends of the city to try good YTF. This place, Ipoh Road YTF in Segambut has been around for a very long time. I used to remember that that the shop was just in a shack along Ipoh Road until DBKL started widening Ipoh Road and development started happening. Located next door to this place is another famous YTF place, Segambut YTF, one that I always frequented to get my fix. Now that I have tried both....... my verdict




It's quite difficult to differentiate which YTF is the better one. I would say both are equally good but there are more meat fillings in the Ipoh Road YTF. In terms of ambience, its more spacious and airier in the Ipoh Road shop. However, I would say the Ipoh Road YTF has a slight edge over the Segambut YTF. The meat is flavorful and firmer, fresh and tastier. Price is about the same as well.
In the Segambut YTF, you have a variety of other food available but limited in Ipoh Road YTF.

Comments