Hidden Gem in SS3, Petaling Jaya

I chance upon this corner kopitiam recently called MJ SS3 Kopitiam, while driving around the area. For starts, MJ is NOT Michael Jackson...😁😁😁😁😁 but stands for the name of the 2 brothers who runs the place, Mark and John. This kopitiam opened about 11 months ago and since have gained quite a good following. Located along Jalan SS3/37, it's quite easy to find but parking is limited. 
The MJ SS3 Kopitiam

The seating area is quite spacious and clean. The owners take pride in making sure their Kopitiam is quite clean. The surprising thing is both brothers started this place during the pandemic and their background is in IT !!!!
The spacious Kopitiam

There are quite a variety of stalls in the Kopitiam. However, I opted out for the Chee Cheong Fun, Curry Noodles and the Chow Kwai Tiu finishing off with Kopi O peng.



The CCF was amazingly delicious. The owner told me that he brings it all the way from Ipoh. The texture was soft and silky making it very smooth. They offer a choice of sweet & spicy sauce, mushroom minced meat sauce and curry pork skin sauce. I decided to try the sweet & spicy sauce. The sweetness was just nice and not too overly sweet while the tinge of spiciness gave a slight kick to it. 
The curry noodles is just as good and you can actually taste the santan but not too overly. While there are different versions of curry, this curry turns out to be well balanced in its flavour, spiciness and taste.

The CKT was full of "wok hei", the way I like it to be. The noodles were cooked to almost perfection, not soggy or dry, decent size prawns and good portion of lap cheong. However the kerang were almost invincible!!! nevertheless, I enjoyed all my 3 meals

The most disappointing part of my meal was the Kopi O. It lacked the full bodied coffee taste and quite bland. 

Now I have a new place to enjoy my lunch..... worth the visit. 
 









Comments