A REKINDLED HOBBY

Long ago, I used to go fishing with friends. It was just a hobby to test my patience. Although I did go for a few trips in my later years but nothing serious.
Recently I thought I give it a try again when a friend of mine visited me. Got down to some planning, found a boat to take us off Port Klang to see if I still enjoy it. 
Surprisingly, I still like it, although I did end up with some unpleasant waves and vomited eventually😁😁😁😁. 
There were 3 of us, my friend brought his son along to introduce him to fishing, a newbie, never done any fishing in his life but my friend is a diehard fishing enthusiast. Fortunately for us, the weather held up, cloudy the whole day with some speck of sunshine intermittently. 
Our haul after a full day trip
We started off around 8.00 am for about an hour out to the sea, immediately dropping anchor the newbie landed 2 medium size fishes while the boatman landed another. We, the regulars were left laughing at ourselves with nothing except some teasing by the fishes nibbling at our bait
Then we headed off to a few other spots and yours truly landed 6 fishes... albeit small palm size. I decided to release 3 and kept 3 for remembranceπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
My tiny fish
Fortunately, the operator provided baits and drinks and the boat came with a toilet and shade, which was good, natural sun block!!😁😁😁😁. It's a simple boat and big enough to accompany up to 8 people. The operator named it Kaiju Ocean
Our Ride
Our last spot was in front of the port, you can literally see the container ships coming in and unloading their containers. We were quite close. However, our boatman is quite safety conscious and made sure we were never in harm's way or too close to these monsters
As close as you can get
As we landed in our last spot for the day, we prayed that we would at least get some decent fishes. Unfortunately for us regulars, the newbie caught the biggest fish of the day, a 1.8 kg Ikan Kurau. The newbie eventual took top spot with 3 fishes.... yours truly had to settled with overgrown Ikan BilisπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
The newbie with his biggest catch
Overall, a good day out fishing although the haul was not many, but it was fun 













 
   

Comments