Dining under a B I G Tree

I visited this place a few years ago with a friend. And recently I thought I'll come by to see if it still exists. After all its operating under a big tree and surprisingly, it is still there. The good thing about this place is it has water and electricity connection. I understand from the operators that this place have been operating for more than 50 years. 😱😱😱

There's nothing great about the surrounding or the ambience, it is under a big tree hidden away at the end of a road, Jalan Maran. It's partially open air, the operators have erected some sheds and put up plenty of outdoor umbrellas. A freshwater aquarium is visible as you walk towards the place. 

This kopitiam offers everything, well almost, local and besides the main dishes, you can choose some side dishes as well. To try everything, I suggest you go in a group.
Take Your Pick
We tried the highly recommended curry noodles and wanton noodles plus a side of crispy tofu and Kopi.

The curry noodles came in relatively large portion although we ordered small. It was quite tasty and not too MSGed. The broth was flavorful with satisfying curry taste, and you don't get the powdery taste in the broth.  For the non-believers of Si-ham or cockles, this is probably your preference. Instead, the noodles come with Siew Yok, some Fu Pei and veg.
Overall, this curry noodles is delicious and worth the visit.
The Wanton noodles was just as good as the curry noodles. The only down side was I found the Char Siew a bit too dry for my liking and it was lean meat. I need the slight fattiness in the meat😁😁 The noodles were well cooked, good tanginess and portion was sufficient. The wonton consists of mixed meats and was flavorful as well

For our side dish we ordered the crispy Tofu as recommended by the staff. This is one of their signature dishes and is homemade. The Tofu came oozing hot and very crispy. 
The taste is delicious, and you can taste the mixture of meat and tofu. There's sweet chilli sauce on the side to go with the Tofu. I would highly recommend this dish to anyone.











To finish off my meal, I must have my Kopi Peng and the drink did not disappoint at all. 

Overall, a good place to have a meal, if you are not particular about the surroundings, I would say rustic and natural surroundings. Overall price is reasonable, and it cost us less than RM40 all inclusive. I plan to bring some friend over to this place in the near future.


Comments