AOW Completed

 Recently, I took a trip to P. Perhentian to complete my AOW or Advance Open Water course. The course was over 3 days and you have to complete your theory via eLearning on the PADI website. It's not a test per se but rather a read and answer type study where all the answers are practically provided in the materials. 

I took my course with Flora Bay Divers and overall, the place was OK but food can be improved upon. 

First you will need to select the topics that is required for your advance open water and there are compulsory subjects and several other selective topics. For my AOW I covered
1. Peak Performance Buoyancy
2. Deep Dive
3. Navigation Dive
4. Wreck Dive
5. Fish ID 

The course is quite interesting, and you learn to be more attentive to your surroundings, the dos and don'ts about diving, diving more responsibly and being safe.

I had a very professional dive instructor who took time to explain each subject matter patiently and made sure we understood each of the 5 subjects.

Of all the subjects, I found wreck diving to be the most interesting and navigation to be the difficult one to manage especially when you're underwater!!! Almost everything looked the same underwater. 😁😁😁

Nevertheless, I passed and am now a certified AOW, which allows me to dive deeper !!! Thanks to my dive instructor and his team at Flora Bay Dive Center

Certified and qualified AOW

Hundreds of fishes at the wreck (above) and the lone spotted ray and sea fan below the wreck (Bottom)

For the Fish ID subject, I had to take some photos of fishes and identify them with the help of a fish ID book provided. 

Next on the list after AOW will be the Rescue Diver Course..... Not sure if I'm the one who needs to be rescued!!











Comments