Golf Binge

Since my last hike up G. Bunga Buah, I KIVed my hiking as some friends from overseas stopped by in KL for some golf outing. I had become their golf buddy, driver, food and shopping tour guide and hospitality manager !!!! But it was a good change😁😁😁
One of the most scenic golf course - Templers Park Golf Resort
Day 1 - Kota Permai Golf Club
We started our morning on Day 1 with a trip to Klang for Bak Kut Teh....however the restaurant we wanted to go was closed!!!! We had to chose an alternative... Relatively good but could be better. Nevertheless, it was for our friends who wanted "die die must try" Klang BKT. Our first day of golf binge started at Kota Permai Golf and Country Club. This course needs no introduction as it is well know and was once the home of the Malaysian Open. Needless to say, it was a difficult course for me since I laid off golf for some timeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
After golf, dinner was at X-Frens restaurant in Subang Jaya, one of the highly rated restaurants and you need to book a table else be prepared to wait!!
Day 1 - Kota Permai Golf Club
Day 2 - Royal Perak Golf Club
After an exhausting day 1 for me, we headed off to Ipoh for a change in our golf binge. Booked an apartment in Octagon located right smack in Ipoh Town, very accessible and convenient place as most of the restaurants and shopping is just round the corner
Our golf outing was at Royal Perak Golf Club, thanks to one of my friend who had a reciprocal membership and we managed to book a slot. There was an ongoing tournament during that time and we just had to take a picture with the display board..... Just to tease our other friends!!! 
Royal Perak Golf Club - I'm a World Amateur Golfer😁😁

This course is not difficult to play but you have to manage your game. The fairways are relatively OK, I wouldn't say it's 5 star and the greens were fast!!! But still we had an enjoyable game.
Dinner was a simple "nga choi kai" Ipoh's famous chicken rice in the city center followed by some walk about to see the city.... ie burn off some of our dinner!!

Day 3 - Meru Valley Golf Club
After a good's night rest followed by breakfast of "kai si hor fun" we then headed off to Meru Valley for our 3rd day of golf binge. This is another interesting golf course to play in, quite challenging and some fairways are quite narrow. By now I was quite tired after 2 days of continuous golf but I hung in there to return some decent scores with the help of my friend, Mr MulliganπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Meru Valley Golf Club - Mountainous Scenery

After golf it was time for some local shopping, a "must do" unwritten law for future golf passport !!!!😁😁😁😁 Walked around the city to some of the famous shops for our biscuits, salted chicken, "chat tai" etc etc. Lunch was at the famous Ipoh Tuck Kee, not as crowded as I expected during the lunch hour. We then headed back to KL for a good rest. 

Day 4 - Templers Park Golf Club
Since we had an early slot, decided to have breakfast at golf clubhouse, Malaysian all time favourite, Nasi Lemak. I would say the club serves decent nasi lemak.
Very scenic and beautiful golf course with Bk Takun in the background

This golf club is managed  by the Japanese and is highly rated. The course is well maintained, the fairways and greens are superb, even my friends were impressed. However this is a very challenging course, at some holes you need to drive 200m to cross the lake !!! One of the par 5 is quite long too!!! Overall I enjoyed playing in Templers Park Golf Club and would definitely come back again
Lunch was in another well known restaurant, Lan Je Steam fish located just before Rawang town.

What a 4 day of golf it has been for me with my friends, it was enjoyable, fun, challenging but more importantly we managed to get together again after 2 plus years of lockdown. 

I was supposed to continue Day 5 of golf with another group of friends but fortunately for me it had to be called off !!! I would have played so badly.......... too tired !!!

Friends bonding time over dinner











Comments