A Taste of Philippines in Petaling Jaya

Prior to C19 pandemic, I travel to Philippines quite often, more for R & R as I have a very good friend living there. So when I chance upon a Filipino café, I thought why not....let's see how authentic it can get.
Shop front located in Section 19

This café is located in Section 19, Petaling Jaya along the main SS2/24 road. It's on the same row as Perodua showroom and close to Puay Chai school. Parking is easily available in front of the café but I will try to avoid when school hours finishes. The café is not very big but comfortable enough

I had a quick look at the menu and it looks authentic with the given names of dishes served. 
Some of the dishes available

Since there were only 2 of us, we decided to go for the set meals, milk fish and beef with garlic rice. Surprisingly, I found the garlic rice to be very delicious and well cooked, not to overpowering with garlic as well. The milk fish was crispy but just be careful of the small bones while the beef was marinated to my taste but some slices were chewy. For dessert, we had to try the all loving Halo Halo, the Philippines version of our Ice Kacang...😂😂😂 In the original Halo Halo, it comes with Yam Ice Cream, but over here, it's quite difficult to get yam ice cream. It's as close to the original as it can get.
                    
Our Set Meal, Milk Fish & Beef

Philippines version of Ice Kacang, Halo Halo

Inside Laguna Cafe

Overall, it can't beat the original food you get in Philippines but having said that, it's as close as you can get. I will come back for another visit but with more friends so I can try some of the other dishes, like their Bulalo, Kare-kare beef, Aftritada Pork just to name a few...










Comments