One Pot Meal - Lancashire Hotpot & over the weekend, Steak

Every once in a while, you think of something to do....just to kill time or experiment your culinary skills. I decided to try my hand at cooking an English meal - Lancashire Hotpot, basically a one pot meal where you just put in everything and cook it ... hmmmmm sounds like a lazy man's meal but in actual fact there's a lot of preparation to this meal. 
Instead of using lamb as mentioned in the recipe, I opted for pork instead. You can also choose whatever meat you prefer...a little twist to this meal. The other stuff that goes in include potatoes, onion, carrots...

The cooking time takes quite a while as you need to soften the meat till it falls off the bone. Sounds like a meal for old folks with no teeth to chew..... 😆😆😆😆
But in the end it was a decent meal, delicious but not enough gravy (the secret is the put more stock before it goes in to the oven)
The end product looks mushy (as below) but a simple and easy to cook meal

And over the weekend........
Over the weekend, I had my daughter over, so I decided to cook steak with a difference, the meat was marinated with teriyaki sauce (homemade) mixed with a dash of gojuchang..... a Japanese - Korean fusion. My daughter prepared salad with couscous  while I added stuffed chilli peppers. 
I like my steak well done, so it was quite easy to cook on the grille pan. For stuffed chilli pepper, I added the some of the steak marinate to the minced meat and had it air fried.....Clean and easy





Comments